Wednesday 20 April 2011

April Make and Take cards

Hopefully soon I will start posting more pictures of new projects, but for now here are some older ones.  The following cards were ones that we made at my monthly Make and Take on April 5th.  I refrained this time from using my favourite stamp set "For All you Do" this time and set out to explore the bold world of the Brights collection.  I had a lot of fun creating these. 

This pinwheel quilt square is very easy to create.  The Nursery Suite DSP with this stamp from the Four Frames set compliment each other nicely.
I had fun creating this card.  It is really quite simple.  Decide what area you want your square to cover and then divide it into quarters.  For example, if you want your quilting sqaure to cover 4' then each individual square should be 1'.  You will need 2 small sqaures of each colour/design.  Then cut your small squares in half and adhere to the cardstock.   I then machine stitched a zigzag stitch around the perimeter of the square before adhering it to the cardstock.



I love the Four Frames stamp set and Paisley Petals DSP.  Here's a quick and easy card using both products!
 For this card I took inspiration from the return of the robins and a design that Stampin' Up! published for the "Spring Is Blossoming" promotion.  I used Marina Mist cardstock for both the base and the embellishing strip.  The accent colours are Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White.  I REALLY like the Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon and I'm going to be sad to see it go at the end of the month.  Hopefully it will reappear in the new Idea Book & Catalogue!

Wiper card
I was exploring the Splitcoast Stampers website one day when I came across the tutorial for this card, the "Wiper Card".  It's a really fun card to make and the little surprise that pops up when the recipient opens it is a nice touch.  I used Baja Breeze as my base colour for this card and accented with Not Quite Navy, Melon Mambo and Pretty in Pink.   My favourite stamp set from this year's Occassions Mini had to be the "Valentine Defined" set....it is so versatile!   Often I look at Valentine Day sets and think.....hmmm, I don't know.  But this one was different and can be used for any occasion.   Again, the seam binding ribbon is so nice to work with and I used Baja Breeze here.  For the Melon Mambo border I used the Scallop Trim and Scallop Trim Corner punches.  It took me a little while to figure them out together (I lost the instructions) but I think I've got it now.

For detailed instructions for this card go to http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ and search for "Wiper Card" under resources.

The fourth card we did was the "Hello Again" card that I posted a couple of days ago.  Stayed tuned for upcoming sneak peeks from my May 3 Make and Take.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...