Sunday 17 April 2011

Summer Mini Sneak Peek

I was so excited on Friday when the UPS man showed up at my door.....my new Big Shot machine had arrived!!! It was my birthday present and I'm so excited to finally have one to play with.  Along with the Big Shot came a whole bunch of new product from the new Summer Mini Catalogue.  I love everything in this catalogue so I really had to limit myself to just a few things.  Here are a couple of cards that I created using the Big Shot, the new Blossom Bouquet Triple layer punch, the "Bold Blossom" stamp set and the new (and very pretty) "Beyond the Garden" Designer Series Paper (henceforth, "DSP).

This card uses the Four Frames stamp set, Beyond the Garden DSP, Pacific Point, Wild Wasabi, and Daffodil Delight cardstocks and inks.  I also used the Scallop Edge, Scallop Trim and Decorative Label punches.
I really like this combination of colours.  The Wild Wasabi and Pacific Point compliment eachother so nicely and the Daffodil Delight adds a really nice accent.

For this card I used the Bold Blossom stamp set (available in both the Occasions and Summer Mini Catalogues) as well as the new Blossom Bouquet Triple layer punch.  I used Pacific Point, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Garden Green, and So Saffron inks and cardstocks.
I really like this card.  I will be using this one (or a variation) at my next Make and Take on May 3rd.  I experimented with some colours that I don't use very often (Pumpkin Pie and Garden Green) and really like the effect I got.  This certainly helped to brighten up a cold, snowy spring day!

The new triple layer punches allow the user to create multiple shapes using one punch.  All of these shapes coordinate with one another but can also be used independently.  I'm having fun experimenting with this.  Stay tuned for more projects using these products!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new blog, Laura! These cards are lovely...isn't that triple layer punch the best?!? I can't wait to experiment with it some more...if only I had the time!
    Happy to be your second follower...looking forward to watching your blog grow!

    ReplyDelete

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...