Thursday 26 May 2011

Faux Matte card

I recently started following a great blog called "Stamp Girl".  Cheryl provides detailed instructions and great photos of various techniques.  Recently she posted about layering images and "overstamping".  I loved the idea so much that I decided to give it a shot with my "Just Believe" stamp set and newly arrived In-Colours (yes, I know I'm arriving a little late to the game for In-Colours...they are fabulous by the way).

Here's what I came up with:


Layered images create a softer effect
 I started by inking up my large clear block (Block E) with Blushing Bride ink.  Then I stamped onto the right side of the Blushing Bride card stock base.  After re-inking the block I stamped onto a piece of Whisper White card stock to create a "faux matte".   Using my Pear Pizazz and Poppy Parade Stampin' Write markers I then coloured the flower image from the "Just Believe" stamp set.   To create a distressed look I misted the edges of the card stock with some water and used the edge of my paper snips along the edges.   I then mounted it on a piece of Pear Pizazz DSP (from the Hostess Benefits pack).


I've been wanting to use the little circle image from "Just Believe" for a while and I've also wanted to try this embossing technique as well.  After stamping the image in VersaMark on Whisper White card stock, I embossed it using white embossing powder.  Then I took a sponge, inked it with Poppy Parade and sponged over the embossed images...the places that aren't embossed take the ink.  Be sure to wipe your image with a tissue afterwards to make the white "pop" again.

I used my Scallop Circle punch to punch out a backing in Pear Pizazz.  Again, to distress the edges I misted them with water and "worked" the paper to curl and wear the paper.

I stamped my sentiment in Poppy Parade and then punched it out using my Modern Label punch.  The edges are sponged using Poppy Parade as well.

Thanks to Cheryl for the great ideas and tips....check out her blog at http://cherylcanstamp.blogspot.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...