Saturday 16 July 2011

Where has the time gone...

This summer is going by so quickly and I feel as though I've hardly had time to enjoy it yet!  It's been so busy....hence, my lack of posting...and it just keeps going!  I'm starting to understand that expression, "I need a vacation from my vacation" : )

I had a couple of events this week that went really well and thanks to the ladies over at Try Stamping on Tuesday I was able to pull out a project last minute for my Idea Book and Catalogue Launch Party on Tuesday.  Thank you!

Here's their sketch:

Try Stamping on Tuesday Challenge 23


Here's my version:
Occasions Alphabet card
Everthing about this card was last minute.  I had ordered the Occasions Alphabet stamp set as part of my Sale-a-bration reward and it didn't arrive until Tuesday, the same day as my party!  I absolutely LOVE that set wanted to use it right away.  I was also stuck for an idea for a layout....so again, thanks to CherylAnn and the other ladies for this template. 

The colour combination for this card is Baja Breeze, Rich Razzleberry, and Island Indigo.  So pretty!  I sponged Baja Breeze ink onto the card stock base to add a little texture to the background and then layered Pocketful of Posies DSP, Island Indigo (using the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder) and Rich Razzleberry again. 

The sentiment is framed in Baja Breeze using one of the Four Frames stamps and punched using the Decorative Label punch.

I'm looking forward to some time off over the next couple of weeks but I'll be back in August.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice card! Love the colors!
    Love those Stampin' Up papers.
    I too teach piano.

    www.loriesstampingplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a great time that night at at the Girls Night Out at Cafe M. I LOVE making cards and I owe it all to you :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card turned out very elegant. I love the printed image in the centre. Sometimes the stamping does not need to be a picture and you proved that. Thank you for playing at Try Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the texture and the colours in your card! Thanks for playing along with us over at Try Stampin;-)

    ReplyDelete

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...