Thursday 22 September 2011

For a Friend Monkey Challenge

I have been mulling over the Monkey Challenge sketch all week and finally sat down tonight to make it come to fruition.  I really liked the sketch for this week, here it is:


Here's my version:

My Friend Monkey Challenge
  I had a lot of ideas for this challenge and this was one of them going into tonight.  I really liked how Shirley used the sparkle paper on her card and the clean lines of Terry's.  I thought I'd head in that direction.  However, my hands had different ideas and I started distressing the circles as soon as they were punched!  Not sure about the result....it looks a bit of a mess here.  I think it looks better in "real" life.

I used the "My Friend" stamp set for this card and although you can't really see it here I used the circle stamp from that set on the Baja Breeze circles.  I also sponged the base card stock to give it that "faux suede" look.

Here's a look at the interior of the card:
My Friend inside
I used the "Friendly Phrases" set here.  I like the versatility of this phrase because now the card could be a birthday card or simply a "you're a great friend and I'd like to tell you that" card.  You decide : )

Happy stamping!

2 comments:

  1. This works! I like the colors and sponging and distressing on your card. I think a bunch of different scraps from the same designer paper pack would look great too. Glad you got your card in on time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl!!

    I picked you as one of my favorites this week. Check it out on A La Card Monkey!!

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...