Wednesday 21 September 2011

Rainy Day

Hi All!  Well after a gorgeous day yesterday it's pouring again today.  Just as well I guess because I've actually been down to my stamping corner today!!  I was reminded last night at a workshop hosted by one of my friends that I've been neglecting my blog.  So fear not, AP, I resolve to do better : )

Here are some ideas I came up with last week.  Thanks to Stampin' Up! and LeAnne over at Wee Inklings (you must check out her blog!) for the inspiration.

Fun with Spice Cake fabric
  I am absolutely loving the Spice Cake series from the new Holiday Mini catalogue.  The colour combination is so fresh and the fact that the fabric matches the DSP is just fabulous!  I wanted a way to showcase the use of fabric on cards without sewing so I headed over to LeAnne's blog (Wee Inklings) for some inspiration and wasn't disappointed.  I loved the look that is created by taking a strip of fabric and "ruffling" it on the card.  Sticky strip is a girl's best friend here...put a strip on the DSP and adhere the fabric, "ruffling" it on the way.  I frayed the edges to give it a little more of worn look.


Ruffled fabric thank you
 I could have done more to distress this card but decided to stick just to the "Thanks" part of it.  This is a little 3 x 3 card by the way.  Perfect for quick thank yous or notes in gifts.

In last month's "Stampin' Success" magazine (our demonstrator mag.), Stampin' Up! gave instructions for how to make these cute little gift "boxes".  They are super simple but impressive looking for favours at birthday parties or at table settings.

Treat container

Treat container
Start with a 5 1/4" x 4 1/4" piece of card stock.  Decorate/emboss your card stock as desired.  Roll into a cylinder (I made mine 4 1/4" tall) and adhere with sticky strip (see, I told you, a girl's best friend).  Seal one end with sticky.  Fill with your favourite treats (about 2/3 full) and then fold the open end down to close, perpendicular to the bottom.  Embellish as desired.  So simple!

I used the fabric on mine to create a little "bow" but ribbon would be just as cute.  You could attach name cards or little thank yous....really whatever you want to fit with the occasion.   And simply change the dimensions of your card stock to create bigger treat containers.

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...