Wednesday 21 September 2011

SSC 221

Thanks to a rainy day and a son who decided to have a 2 hour nap I was able to put something together for this week's Saturday Sketch Challenge over at Stamping 411 .


Here is the sketch for the Saturday Sketch Challenge:


Saturday Sketch Challenge 221

And here's my version:


Day of Gratitude Embossing for SSC 221

 As you can see, I took a little creative license with the layout of the sketch but I think it adheres to the overall idea.  I have mentioned previously that I am really enjoying working with the colour scheme from the Spice Cake suite from the Holiday Mini.  This card is no exception; Pear Pizazz, Soft Suede, More Mustard, Pool Party and Very Vanilla.

This card is a case from a card I did with my upline about a year ago before I became I demonstrator.  It uses a really neat embossing technique that involves "inking" the stamp on the VersaMark and then inking it with Classic Ink before stamping the image on the page.  After the image is stamped then it is heat embossed using clear embossing powder.  This allows for a shiny embossed image but with your desired colour (since I learned this technique a year ago Stampin' Up has started producing coloured embossing powder but this technique allows you to use any colour).  Here is a close-up of the medallion:

Embossed Medallion
I inked the medallion from the "Day of Gratitude" set with VersaMark and the More Mustard classic ink.  Then I sponged Pear Pizazz and Pool Party around the medallion and added a little brad to the centre.  
Acorns and leaf close-up
To finish the card off I use Pool Party ruffled ribbon and embellished with a couple of acorns and a leaf.  First I threaded the images onto Linen Thread using a sewing needle and then tied them around the ribbon.

Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card--I love the colored embossing! And, the sponging really makes it stand out!

    ReplyDelete

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...