Wednesday 5 October 2011

Dasher in a Dash

I don't know about where you are right now but the weather here has been GORGEOUS the last couple of days and it promises to get even better!  YAY!  Just in time for Thanksgiving!!!  I absolutely LOVE warm, sunny Thanksgiving weekends and I'm really looking forward to this one.  Mmmm, turkey....

I had some lovely ladies over last night for my monthly card class and I needed a quick Christmas card to whet their appetites.  Once again, the ladies over at Try Stampin' on Tuesday had just what I needed...a GREAT sketch!  Add to that "Dasher" and some sparkle paper and you have a recipe for success : )

Here's the sketch:



And here's my interpretation of it:


As you may have guessed, I REALLY like sparkles!  So this project has both sparkle paper and Dazzling Details!  Stampin' Up!, in their infinite marketing wisdom, is offering SILVER sparkle paper along with the red sparkle paper in this year's Holiday Mini catalogue.  They work really well together and alone.

My colour combination for this project is Lucky Limeade, Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede, Early Espresso and Real Red....inspired by the "Christmas Lane" Simply Scrappin' kit out of the mini.  I embellished with Real Red 1/4" grosgrain ribbon and Dazzling Details on Dasher's antlers.  The sentiment is from the "Four the Holidays" set.  I would highly recommend a Stamp-a-ma-jig to do this : )  Finally, the Cherry Cobbler strip was embossed in the Big Shot using the "Snow Burst" embossing folder.

Happy Thanksgiving to all Canadians celebrating this weekend and Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...