Wednesday 30 November 2011

The Stockings Were Hung...

I'm just loving the new "Stitched Stockings" stamp set and builder punch.  Here's a card I did for my SAS a couple of weeks ago.


I used Wild Wasabi and Real Red for this one.  To create the "quilted" or "tile" pattern I used my Simply Scored tool.  I place the paper on an angle with one corner at 2 1/2" and scored every 1/2".  Then I turned the paper 90 degrees (with the same corner now at 4") and scored again every 1/2".   While it's hard to see here, I also sponged the card stock with ink to give it some more texture.

I used "Stitched Stockings" and "Four the Holidays" stamps sets.  The puncehs used are the Stocking Builder Punch (from the Holiday Mini) and the Dotted Scallop Ribbon edge punch.

It's a little time consuming but not too bad and I really like the overall look.

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...