Friday 9 December 2011

"Holly-day" Card for the Monkeys

I was so honoured to be chosen "Monkey Princess" for Monkey Challenge 84 over at A la Card Monkey.  Part of my "reward" was to be a guest designer for this week's challenge.  I had fun playing with my new Big Shot dies (thanks CB for your gift) and creating a holiday card.

Here is the sketch for this week's challenge:

Monkey Challenge 86
 And here is my version:
"Holly-day Card for Monkey 86.
I'm getting to the end of my creativity with Christmas cards as well as to the end of my supplies of DSP.  I decided to stick pretty closely to the colour scheme provided in the sketch.   Here are the details:

Paper: Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Real Red, Whisper White and Chocolate Chip card stock.  Holly Berry Bouquet DSP and Red Sparkle paper.

Ink:  Wild Wasabi Garden Green and Real Red

Stamp sets:  Bright Hopes

Embellishments and extras:  Ornaments Bigz Die,  Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Circle 2 Bigz die, Scallop punches

Be sure to check out all of the other creations for this week's challenge at A la Card Monkey.  I've also added this card to Shirley's Christmas Blog Hop...so check it out : )










Happy Stamping!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Laura I love the little 'glitter berries' I am so in love with the glitter paper lately and find myself adding something glittery to every card I make! Awesome take on the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being our Guest Designer this week! We're lucky to have you. Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is wonderful! The Big Shot is such a great tool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl I love this card so much.... I just bought this Big Shot Die!! Thanks so much for being Guest Designer you do Beautiful work! Also Thanks for adding your card to my Winter Blog Hop!

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...