Thursday 1 December 2011

Medallion for the Monkeys

Well, here I am again, entering a Monkey Challenge at the very last minute.  I think what happens is I get all inspired by the weekly sketch and then think about it rather than actually doing something about it.  Story of my life : )  In this case, however, I am really glad I waited because I was also really inspired by a friend's card that I saw on Tuesday evening.  In fact, I basically copied her idea and added a couple of elements to fit the sketch.  So thanks, DF, for the great idea!

Here's the sketch from A la Card Monkey:



Here is my version:



Spice Cake Medallion
I just love the medallion in the centre of big medallion.  I decided to go back to my Spice Cake DSP tonight for 2 reasons: 1.  I promised my faithful friends that I wouldn't do all Christmas cards at my Make and Take next week and 2. While I'm sad to see it go, I have to move on to the new and exciting product coming out in the new Occasions Mini in January and my crafting space can't take too many more "left overs". 

Here's a close-up of the medallion which, by the way, are super easy to make using the Simply Scored tool!

Medallion close-up

So pretty, if I do say so myself.  I finished it off with a Vintage Brad.  Here are the particulars:

Papers:  Pear Pizazz, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla card stock, Spice Cake Designer Series Paper
Stamp Sets: Day of Gratitude, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Pear Pizazz and Soft Suede
Ribbon and Embellishments:  Chantilly Lace, Spice Cake Fabric, Neutrals Brad, Vintage Brads
Tools: Simply Scored, Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, Modern Label Punch
Other info:  I used TONS of sticky strip/pages to adhere the fabric, ribbon and medallion.

I'm excited to take this idea and run....stayed tuned for a Christmas version.

Happy Stamping!

3 comments:

  1. Laura your card is Beautiful. Love the fabric and the rosette combo. Some lucky person is going to love getting this card. Thanks for playing along with us at A La Card Monkey.

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I love your soft colors with your gorgeous rosette! TFS and good luck with the challenge :)

    Lucianna- A La Card Monkey GD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your version! I was inspired by Libby over at LibbyStamps:

    http://libbystamps.wordpress.com/2011/11/23/grateful-folds/

    ReplyDelete

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...