Monday 5 December 2011

Soft Suede Christmas

It's snowing (finally)!!!!  We've had so much rain the past few days and it's finally decided to snow!  YAY!!!!!  Can't wait to go and out and play in it tomorrow morning with my son : )

I stayed inside this evening, however, and created a card for a couple of challenges:  Stamping 411's SSC 232 and the Paper Players Challenge 75.  I really liked the sketch on Stamping 411 and the idea of using non-traditional holiday colours for it.

Here is the sketch:




And here is what I decided to do with it:

Soft Suede holiday card
 The non-traditional holiday colour scheme I chose is Soft Suede, Early Espresso and Very Vanilla.  The only stamp set I used on the front was for the sentiment.  It is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  This is a really simple card to make actually.  The Very Vanilla card stock is embossed using the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and then sponged with Soft Suede ink.  I used the Modern Label and Decorative Label punches for the sentiment and then embellished with basic pearls and Early Espresso quilted ribbon.


Circle Circus interior
 For the interior of the card I used one of the stamps from the Circle Circus sets and again lightly sponged the edges with Soft Suede ink.  Super simple but elegant nonetheless.

Happy Stamping!

11 comments:

  1. I love your non-traditional colors! Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I love all the sponged texture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this ribbon and love how you used it here. What a great sketch to work with. This is a beautifully elegant card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! Great job sponging and for using non-traditional Christmas colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've used my all time favorite embossing folder! Love it sponged in these neutrals too...lovely holiday card! And i love how you've stamped theinside...clever! Thank you for joining my Holiday Hoopla at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, elegant card! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, Laura! I love the texture! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty holiday card, Laura! Love the soft sponging and the pretty texture. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that shape behind the sentiment. What a great way to reinvent that punch! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So perfectly sweet! Great job with the challenges! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...