Tuesday 17 January 2012

Bordering on Romance for TSOT 49

Once again the ladies over at Try Stampin' on Tuesday have provided a great sketch and inspiration.  I needed some today....man, this winter has been a bust so far and I'm getting really down with all this rain!  I grew up in Ontario's snow belt and there really is never enough snow in southwestern Ontario for my liking but this is ridiculous!!!  I don't think I'd ever make it on the west coast : )

Oh well, enough about the weather.  I had some frustration with my edgelits die today but after watching the training video on the Stampin' Up demonstrator website I think I've got them figured out....the key is non-permanent adhesive!  I really like the resulting effect.

Here's what I came up with today:

Bordering on Romance for TSOT 49

I used the Edgelits scallop die and matching Adorning Accents scallop embossing folder for the bottom of the card.  Then, to make the edges even, I added some Twitterpated DSP.  Here's a close-up:

Scallop Adorning Accents Edgelits die and Textured Embossing Folder

I pulled out my Blender Pens again for this one to "water-colour" the flowers and then added some Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details in the centres.


Here are all the details:

Stamps:  Bordering on Romance, Pocket Silhouettes

Papers:  Blushing Bride CS, Riding Hood Red CS, Baja Breeze CS, Whisper White CS, Twitterpated DSP

Inks:  Blushing Bride, Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, Pear Pizazz

Punches:  Word Window, Decorative Label

Embellishments and Other:  Baja Breeze Seam Binding Ribbon, Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details, Adorning Accents Edgelits dies and Textured Embossing Folders

Happy Stamping!

3 comments:

  1. Wow you were quick off the mark! Great take on the sketch! Love the scallop embossed edge. Thanks for playing along with us over at Try Stampin:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice card! Love all the new goodies! Thanks for playing along at TST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "homey" feel of your card. Thanks for playing at Try Stampin' this week.

    ReplyDelete

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...