Tuesday 10 January 2012

Fresh Vintage Thanks

I couldn't believe my eyes this afternoon when I looked out in my backyard and saw a flock of ROBINS!!!  Robins....on January 10th!  In this part of the world, robins don't usually return until sometime in March but it's been so unusually warm here that everything seems to be confused.  Craziness!

Things were a little more "normal" at my monthly Make and Take class tonight.  I had a lovely time with 3 great ladies and was even able to work on a project for February's class.  Thanks to AP, CF and JS for their opinions and advice : )

I pulled out the "Fresh Vintage" set from the Sale-a-bration catalogue for this card and used up some scraps of "Everyday Enchantment" DSP. 



I'm really pleased with the result, especially the hand stitching : )  I have an old sewing box from my grandmother that I pull from every now and then and tonight I found some thread that was an exact match with the Calypso Coral card stock...very exciting, especially considering that she probably bought it over 30 years ago : )  Thanks to JS for suggesting that I poke holes with my Mat Pack first and then stitch : )

Here are the pertinent details:

Stamp Sets:  Fresh Vintage (SAB 2012), Three Little Words

Papers:  Calypso Coral CS, Very Vanilla CS, Poppy Parade CS, Pool Party CS, Everyday Enchantment DSP

Inks:  Soft Suede, Calypso Coral

Accessories/Embellishments:  Adorning Accents Embossing Folders, 1" circle punch, Mat Pack, needle and thread.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great in the photo :) Looks better in person :D

    Loved seeing you create without a template. It was definitely fun last night!

    ReplyDelete

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...