Wednesday 2 May 2012

Goodbye to Upsy Daisy

Here's a card that I made for my Mother's Day Make and Take class.  I used a lot of retiring products for this card....one last hurrah if you will.  One of my favourite stamp sets is "Upsy Daisy".  It is so easy to make a gorgeous card with this set....and the three sentiments make it really versatile.

For this card I used a technique that my friend, CB, introduced me to.  I selectively coloured the stamp using Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz and Melon Mambo and then spritzed some water on it before stamping onto Watercolour paper.  I really like the effect that it gives.

"Watercolour" daisies
 On the inside of the card I used two more retiring sets, "Messages for Mom" and "Pocket Silhouettes".  In retrospect I should have used Melon Mambo ink for both sentiments.
Messages for Mom

These sets are only available until May 31st....so be sure to get your order in to me soon to avoid disappointment.....once stamp sets are retired Stampin' Up! does not bring them back!
Upsy Daisy (item # 111710):  $22.95 CAD

Stayed tuned for more projects using Stampin' Up's retiring products.

Happy Stamping!!!

2 comments:

  1. Super sweet and pretty. I like the technique. It's really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Upsy Daisy watercolor card. I have not tried this technique yet and look forward to using it!

    ReplyDelete

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...