Thursday 14 June 2012

Another Father's Day Card

I created this card for my Stampin' Up! Catalogue launch party that I had last week.  I wanted to create a relatively simple card that could be created without much guidance and this one fit the bill. 


I turned to the Comfort Cafe Designer Series Paper again for this card.  I love the versatility of the colour combination that Stampin' Up! has put together in this paper.  I wanted to showcase a number of the designs in a relatively small space and I like how the strips of paper accomplish that.  I framed the sentiment using a Labels collections Framelits die and embossed it using the Stripes Textured Embossing Folder. 

To up the "wow" factor one could use a textured embossing folder to emboss the Very Vanilla matte and add embellishments such as ribbon, baker's twine, brads or buttons.

Here are some more of the details:

Stamp Sets: Best Dad Ever

Paper:  Soft Suede, Very Vanilla and Midnight Muse card stocks, Comfort Cafe DSP

Ink:  Cajun Craze

Other:  Labels collection Framelits die, Stripes Textured Embossing Folder.

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...