Wednesday 13 June 2012

It's all about Dad for Monkey 112

With Father's Day fast approaching I used this week's A la Card Monkey challenge for my inspiration.  I must admit, I've had quite a creative block the past couple of weeks.  I don't know what it is....I find that I just can't get my brain in gear when I sit down in the evening to "work".  But I got a bit of my mojo back with this card.  Here's the sketch:


Here's my interpretation:

Best Dad Ever stamp set and Comfort Cafe DSP
I love the simplicity of this sketch.  Once I settled on a colour scheme (Pool Party, Midnight Muse, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla) it was actually really easy to put together.  My favourite part was creating the button.  I don't tend to purchase a lot of embellishments so I was intrigued by a recent "Techniques" article in the Stampin' Up! demonstrator magazine, "Stampin' Success".  It outlined how to create your own buttons using card stock and Designer Series Paper (DSP) along with Crystal Effects.  Really quite simple and I will be teaching this technique in the fall at one of my techniques classes.    Here is a close up of the button:


Do-it-yourself button....using card stock and Comfort Cafe DSP.

I really like this colour combo.  The new Stampin' Up! catalogue has got some great DSP and one of my favourites is "Comfort Cafe".  This collection of paper has both "masculine" and "feminine" paper which makes it very versatile.  The "Best Dad Ever" stamp set is great as well because it's got a nice collection of sentiments.

Here are the details:

Paper:  Pool Party, Midnight Muse, Very Vanilla card stocks, Comfort Cafe DSP

Ink:  Midnight Muse, Pool Party, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip

Stamp Sets:  Best Dad Ever

Embellishments:  Pool Party Baker's Twine, Crystal Effects (on button).

Stayed tuned for another Father's Day card tomorrow.

Happy Stamping!!

4 comments:

  1. I love your card - and especially the button. That looks fantastic! The colors are nice too.

    Terry
    http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the soft color combo!!! Love the new dsp- used perfect here!!!
    Your button is the perfect touch- Love it!! Great Fathers Day card,
    Thanks for playing along with A La Card Monkey, GD Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the subtle colors. I wouldn't have known that wasn't an actual button. Thanks for joining us at A La Card Monkey this week. Marie GD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. I love your button !! A La Card Monkey Guest Designer A xx

    ReplyDelete

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...