Wednesday 5 September 2012

Happy Anniversary

Tonight I've got a card that I made for my parents' anniversary a couple of weeks ago.  The "bones" of this card actually had been sitting on my desk for a couple of months because I just couldn't get it to work in a way that I way happy with.  But, after a number of weeks away on vacation I was able to put this card together rather quickly.  Take a look...



This is a CASE from something I saw on Pinterest....although I can't remember the exact source at the moment.  My original idea (sometime in May or June) was to showcase Stampin' Up's 2012-2013 In Colours.  I took strips of each In Colour and adhere them to the Whisper White matte and then ran the whole thing through my Big Shot using the Flower Garden Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.

What brought the card together for me though was the addition of the little flowers that I made using my brand new "Floral Fusion" Sizzlits die.  I really like how they can be layered to create a small focal point.  I finished the flowers off with some Pearl Basic Jewels.




I really liked how it turned out....and it's another project off my desk : )

Here are the details of the supplies I used:

Stamp Sets:  Teeny Tiny Wishes

Ink:  Raspberry Ripple

Paper:  Whisper White, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse and Gumball Green cardstock.

Accessories:  Flower Garden TIEF, Floral Fusion Sizzlits die, Pearl Basic Jewels.

To those who live in the KW/Cambridge/Guelph area....my fall classes begin again on Sept. 10.  Check out my "Upcoming Classes" page for more information and please RSVP by Sunday, Sept. 9. 

Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...