Thursday 29 November 2012

Delightful Decorations

While preparing for a workshop I was doing last week I started playing around with my friend's "Delightful Decorations" stamp set and Ornament Punch along with my package of "Be of Good Cheer" DSP.  Here is one of the cards I came up with:



I had a lot of fun going "back to basics" with this one.  The workshop I was running was the very first Stampin' Up! workshop for all of the attendees so I thought back to the first Stampin' Up workshop I went to 9 years ago.  I dug out one the card that I made there to show you....yes, I hoard cards....

One of my very first Christmas cards....created 9 years ago
At the first party I attended I was amazed at how easily I could create a hand-crafted card.  All I needed was a little bit of paper, some ink and a few stamps.  That evening I went away with all I needed to create my cards for that year and I haven't looked back!  While I tried the craft store route when I first moved to this area, I got very frustrated and was very happy to get hooked up with a Stampin' Up demonstrator.  She has since become a good friend too!

When I look at this "old" card I realize how far Stampin' Up has come in the past few years.  The punches they have certainly make it easy to create an even better looking handmade card!

Here are the supplies I used:

Stamp sets: Delightful Decorations, Tidings of Joy (single stamp)

Paper:  Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, and Be of Good Cheer DSP

Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green

Other:  Ornament Punch, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon, Dimensionals

Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...