Wednesday 21 November 2012

Masking with friends

I had my monthly techniques class last evening and we were working on "masking" again.   It was just me and three good friends for this class and because I trust them with my stuff I gave them carte blanche for the first card....literally.....just white card stock and instructions to create something using reverse masking.  I was really impressed with what they came up with and I'm going to share their creations with you tonight.

EC made this first one.  She claims to not have a "crafty" bone in her body but I think she's fibbing. 



Isn't it so pretty?!  She used a combination of Real Red, Raspberry Ripple, Garden Green and Old Olive inks to create the multicoloured ornaments and then "glitzed" them up using Dazzling Diamonds.....which, by the way, are now all over my house : )  Then she added a Real Red matte and a sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  I love it!


The next card was done by my friend, JS, who makes very pretty cards.  For some reason I couldn't get my picture to rotate today, so apologies for all of the cricks in your necks for having to look at it sideways.



She sent me a photo of the completed project this morning. 


This card uses a combination of reds...Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Raspberry Ripple and Rich Razzleberry.  I like how she did the gradation in colour.  She used a Cherry Cobbler matte with a woodgrain texture and then added some of the Champagne Shimmer paper, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine and gold brads to finish it up.

Finally, DF made this gorgeous card for her grandmother's 92nd birthday this weekend.


Perfect Plum is her favourite Stampin' Up colour and so, of course, being given free reign she used it on this card.  She first used reverse masking to create the butterflies on the card stock and then sponged the butterfly punch outs to create 3 different shades before adhering them.  Finally she pierced the perimeter of the Whisper White (although it's had to see here). 

I LOVE all three cards for different reasons and am now setting about to copy them : )  Stayed tuned for more masking and other creations.....I am very backlogged in my blog posts.

And....if you haven't already, don't forget to check out my new blog, "Magpie Sisters", to see what Meg and I have been up to.

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...