Monday 12 November 2012

Ornamental Doilies

For today's card I used the template that the good ladies at Try Stampin' on Tuesday put out for the challenge this week.  Be sure to check out their blog to see all of the entries.

I thought I was going to use this for a workshop I'm doing tomorrow night for my former upline.  But I changed my mind.  That doesn't mean that I can't share it with you though : )


It's a LOT more fussy and frilly than I normally would do, but I was playing around with my Delicate Doilies Sizzlits die and the Candlelight Christmas Speciality DSP.  I really like the flocked paper (the horizontal stripe), it adds some neat texture to the card.  I decided to stick with just Real Red and Very Vanilla for this card but my Real Red ink pad is so old that it looks pink now when I stamp!  That's the main reason I'm not doing this card for the workshop tomorrow. 

I'm really hoping to take advantage of Stampin' Up's Ink-credible offer and get myself a whole new colour family of ink pads!!!!  It's such a great deal and the "Brights" family is top of my list, although my "Subtles" are showing their age too!  I'm finding that after using the new firm foam ink pads I don't always like going back to the old ones.

Anyhow, in other news, my sister-in-law and I have launched our new blog, Magpie Sisters.  As the name might suggest, it is a place for us to share our favourite things, new finds and other randomness in our lives.  I hope you check it out and become a follower : )

Happy Stamping!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...