Thursday 29 November 2012

Stepping in it up

Tonight I want to share 2 more cards that I did while playing around with my friend's "Delightful Decorations" stamp set and coordinating Ornament punch.  I wanted to show how one can take a really simple, yet pretty card and "step-it-up".

Here is the "plain" one:



And here is the "stepped up " one:


Can you spot the differences?  There are 3.  No, just kidding, I'll tell you!   For both cards, I based the colour scheme on Stampin' Up's "Be of Good Cheer" DSP; Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler and Gumball Green.   For the first card I used the Scallop Edge Border punch on the Cherry Cobbler strip while on the 2nd I used the Scallop Trim Border punch.  I also embossed the Very Vanilla base with my Perfect Polka Dots TIEF (although it's quite difficult to see here).  Finally I added a little more colour and a bit of bling on the ornament by adding a 3/4" green punch out and a Basic Rhinestone jewel. 

Which one do you like better?

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...