Thursday 24 January 2013

Faux Patina for Sketch Frenzy Friday

While preparing for my monthly technique's class a couple of week's ago I came across this sketch at Sketch Frenzy Friday:


I really liked the simplicity of it and thought it perfect to highlight my technique of the month, Faux Patina.    I've been meaning to post this card up on this blog and the Sketch Frenzy Friday blog for 2 weeks and today is my last chance....leave it to me to leave it to the last minute, again!

Here it is:

Faux Patina using gold embossing powder
 
 The layout provided by the sketch really allows the Faux Patina panel to shine....although the shiny nature of the gold embossing powder doesn't really show up here.  This is a technique that is new to me and I love the versatility of it.  It's amazing how one can change the look of it simply by being more or less aggressive with applying the layers of ink.  You can see the difference in the card below:


Faux Patina with Pewter embossing powder
 
I used the same four colours; Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Always Artichoke, and Early Espresso; but was less aggressive with the sponging and it makes the card looks so much more delicate.  Of course, I changed the TIEF (Lacy Brocade here vs. Vintage Wallpaper above) and used Pewter Embossing Powder rather than gold but I love the contrast of the two. 

Here are all of the supplies I used:

Stamps: Tiny Tags

Ink:  Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Always Artichoke and Early Espresso

Card stock:  Midnight Muse, Pool Party, Whisper White (for the Faux Patina), Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake

Big Shot:  Lacy Brocade TIEF (see back of the Spring Catalogue) and Vintage Wallpaper TIEF

Accessories:  Sponges, Vintage Brads, Chantilly Lace, Tiny Tag punch, Gold and Pewter Embossing Powder

Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

  1. Love that technique! Your card is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at SFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great technique! I haven't tried it before and your creations really have inspired me to give it a go!! Love how you used the same sketch and created two different looks! Very creative and clever!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...