Monday 11 February 2013

Chalkboard Variation

Here is a variation on yesterday's card (click here to see the previous card).  I actually made this card first just to try out the technique.  I was really pleased with the result and will likely be using this combination a lot in the future!

After reading a little bit about how to create a chalkboard look I decided that the Circle Circus stamp set would work....the advice was to use a stamp or stamps that have a lot of different fonts or interest points.



I really like the look that the "bubbles" give to the chalkboard.  I don't care for the base card stock (in Whisper White) but I have to admit that I was waiting for my order to come in and couldn't wait : )  I think a Pink Pirouette or Basic Black base would look better.

All the details:

Stamp Sets:  Circle Circus, Made for You

Ink: White Craft Ink

Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Pink Pirouette and Twitterpated DSP

Other:  Two-tone ribbon (pink pirouette/rose red...found on p. 13 of Stampin' Up's Spring Catalogue).

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...