Thursday 14 February 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

I have a quick little post for you today to show you what my son and I made as little Valentine's for his preschool class.  I had totally intended on making some lovely cards and 3D projects to give my family members today but I've been out with a nasty bug all week and this is all I've got.....sigh....maybe next year!

When I asked my son what colour he wanted to use for his Valentine's he said, with no hesitation, "Blue!".  Fine, the base of the card can be blue.  What colour would you like the hearts; pink or red?  "Blue".....hmmm, maybe not.  So we made a compromise and made the elephant blue and the hearts red! 

He helped put most of the parts through the Big Shot and punched all of the little sparkly hearts out himself. 


Patterned Occasions Elephant Valentine's

I absolutely LOVE the little elephant from the Sale-a-bration set "Patterned Occasions".  It is so versatile and I've now used it for "Thank you" cards, a baby card and these Valentine's.   I chose to little 3 1/2" x 2 3/4" one-sided cards.  With the heart (from the Hearts Framelits collection) and the elephant on the front and this on the back:


V is for Valentine
His preschool class is beginning "Jolly Phonics" so I thought that this "V is for Valentine" stamp would be really appropriate!

My son had a lot of fun punching out the little hearts....they are now all over the basement : )

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...