Monday 18 February 2013

March Madness Sneak Peak

Happy Family Day to all my fellow Ontarians (and to all of you from Alberta too!).  We spent a lovely weekend at our family cottage enjoying the cold by snowshoeing and tobogganing down the hill to the beach!  It was great!!!  When we weren't outside we were warm and cozy in beside the wood stove playing games, working on a great puzzle and eating yummy food!  So nice!!!!  I LOVE this mid-February holiday.  It's still pretty new but it's not hard to take : )

So, I didn't do any stamping this weekend but I do have a card that I made a couple of weeks ago for my March Madness Make and Take on March 5th.  I had a lot of fun with my Big Shot on this one!

Spring colours for March Madness

See what I mean?!  I just couldn't stop on this one.  One of my favourite things on this card is the little crepe paper flower.

Crepe paper flowers
I ran the crepe paper (see it in Stampin' Up's Spring Catalogue) through the Big Shot on the Floral Fusion Sizzlits die.  I then, very gently, sponged the individual flowers with Raspberry Ripple ink....the more you sponge on the colour the darker the flower.  Finally I pinned them all together with a little brad.

Come out and make this card with me on Tuesday, March 5th.  Contact me to RSVP and to get directions.

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...