Sunday 10 February 2013

Woohoo Birthday

This is the final card that we did at my Sale-a-bration Soiree a few nights ago.  The chalkboard look seems to be all the rage right now, so I jumped onto the bandwagon for this card.  When Stampin' Up released it's new "Single Stamps" lists a couple of weeks ago the "Woohoo" stamp caught my eye.  It seemed perfect for creating a chalkboard look and I was right.



It's a super-simple card but it looks so pretty!  To create this look simply stamp your image, preferably one with a lot of varied fonts, in White Craft Ink onto Basic Black card stock.  I also use the White ink to sponge the edges of the card stock to give that "used" chalkboard effect.  Be careful, however, the Craft ink is very inky and dries much more slowly than regular Classic Ink.  To speed up the drying process I use the low setting on my Stampin' Up heat tool.....it's great!

I used the new two-tone ribbon (Pink Pirouette and Rose Red) found at the top of p. 13 of Stampin' Up's Spring Catalogue.  It has a lovely weight to it and is really nice to work with.

Here are all of the details:

Stamp Sets:  Woohoo (Single Stamp....head to http://lauragardiner.stampinup.net to see them all and order yours)

Paper:  Pink Pirouette, Basic Black,  Twitterpated DSP

Ink:  White Craft Ink

Other:  Two-Tone Ribbon

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...