Tuesday 1 October 2013

Sweater Weather for PP 165

Today was one of those days that, for me, brings back so many fond memories of autumns past.  The sun was shining, it was about 25C, there was a light breeze and the leaves are beginning to turn.  Gorgeous!  I love this time of year!

Stampin' Up's new DSP, "Sweater Weather", captures the colours and "feel" of the season as much as paper can : )  I know I've said it before, but just looking at the paper makes me think of cozy sweaters with big buttons, making soup, going for walks and kicking the fallen leaves and really just enjoying everything that autumn offers.

I just had to share this paper with my monthly Make and Take friends so I created a card using The Paper Players Challenge 165 "Tic Tac Toe" board.    I chose the left, vertical line: "Ribbon, Patterned Paper, Birthday".  Check it out:




 I'm so happy with the result here.  The colours on the tree remind of the ash trees on my street which are bright yellow right now.  I also like it because I think that this card could be given to a man or woman....sweet!

Here are all the details:

Stamp Sets:  Serene Silhouettes, Banner Greetings (Hostess set)

Ink and Card Stock:  Crushed Curry, Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip

Other:  Sweater Weather DSP, Burlap Ribbon, Labels Collection Framelits

Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, what a clever idea to color this stamp set with autumnal colors! Fabulous effect....so glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...