Wednesday 22 January 2014

One Layer Valentine for PP179

Wow!  This was a difficult card to come up.  I didn't realize how much I rely on layers to create interest in my cards until I tried this week's Paper Players Challenge:  One Layer Valentine.  It was all I could not to punch something out or add ribbon!!!  It took me 3 tries to settle on something I really like and here's the result:


I did a lot of "masking" to create this look.  I stamped the Real Red heart first then placed a cut-out of the same heart over it and sponged the Coastal Cabana heart.  Finally, I covered the Coastal Cabana heart and stamped the "Gorgeous Grunge" lines in Smoky Slate.  I'm really happy with the way it turned out and the simplicity of the card.  Take a closer look:


Here are the supplies you'll need to make this card:

Stamp Sets:  Language of Love (Occasions 2014 catalogue), Gorgeous Grunge, Express Yourself (hostess set).

Ink:  Real Red, Coastal Cabana, Smoky Slate

Misc:  Stampin' Pierce Mat, Paper Piercing tool, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, "masks" -- mine were from various cut-outs using the Hearts Framelits dies.

Happy Stamping!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you my dear! I'll show you how to make it : )

      Delete
    2. Laura, this is a fabulous OLC! I love the colors you've combined and the masking is masterful! Great job--so glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Nance! I took inspiration from the masking you did on your OLC!

      Delete
  2. Awesome masking technique, Laura! I love this color combination. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand how you feel about OLC's Laura! However, you really created a card that is simply fabulous here! Love the masking technique and the paper piercing detail. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...