Friday 28 February 2014

Petal Parade

I'll admit that I really didn't like the "Petal Parade" stamp set when I first saw it.  It certainly wasn't on my "must-have" list of Sale-a-bration items that's for sure.  But I decided to give it a chance.  The blogging world and those lovely people who pin their ideas on Pinterest have certainly inspired me so I inked "Petal Parade" for the first this week for 2 challenges:

Colour Q


and Try Stampin' on Tuesday!



I certainly am "dreaming of spring" like so many people and the fun flowers are helping feel a little warmer!

What do you think?






I'm loving the vibrant colour combo and the hint of spring in this card.  I can't wait to do some more stamping with this set!  This is a really easy set to do some masking with because the images are smaller and manageable to cut out.

Stamp Sets:  Petal Parade (Sale-a-bration), Banner Greetings (Hostess)

Card Stock and Ink:  Summer Starfruit, Coastal Cabana, Basic Black, Crumb Cake and Whisper White.

Other:  Lattice TIEF,  Decorative Dots TIEF (Sale-a-bration), Crumb Cake Seam-Binding Ribbon.

Happy Stamping!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Laura! Love that sketch and the elements you used! Thanks for sharing this with us at the CQ challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stamping, Laura, lovely card! So happy you could join in the fun at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your colors and take on the sketch are perfect! very pretty card :) So glad you joined us on Try Stampin' on Tuesday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely job with these challenges! I especially enjoy all the texture you have added :) Thank you so much for sharing with us at Try Stampin on a Tuesday, we sure hope to see you back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a beautiful job, even if you started out with a stamp your weren't that keen on. Don't you just love the inspiration on PINTEREST? Love the colors and textures as well. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT- Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty use of those flower stamps - sometimes the sets we don't like to begin with seem to be the ones we always turn to eventually don't they? (Or is that just me?!) Thanks for playing along at Colour Q this week!

    ReplyDelete

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...