Wednesday 30 April 2014

Mosaic Birthday for DD100 and TSOT165

I'm a little sad as I write this post.  One of my favourite challenge blogs, The Dynamic Duos, is saying farewell after this challenge : (  While I didn't always enter each week I certainly was looking and taking inspiration from the colour combinations posted.  I wish Anne Marie and Lesley as well as the rest of the design team all the best as they pursue new opportunities.


Here are this week's colours:



Another challenge blog that I love is Try Stampin' On Tuesday.  Again, I don't always enter but I've always got one eye on their sketch for the week.  Here is this week's sketch:



I love the colour combination and this sketch is just so versatile!  It's been a while since I used my scallop-edge punch so I was glad to get it out again for this card.






Pretty, eh?  We have a lot of birthdays in May and June in my family so I'm stocking up on my stash of birthday cards to send out.  


I'm sad to see the "Simply Sketched" hostess set go and I'm pretty sure that it'll be one of those sets that I hold on to even after it's retired.

Here's what you'll need to make this card:

Stamp Sets:  Mosaic Madness, Flower Shop, Simply Sketched (Hostess set.....contact me to host your own party)

Paper and Ink:  Smoky Slate, Pool Party, So Saffron, Whisper White

Other:  Pansy Punch, Petite Petals Punch, Itty Bitty Punch Pack (scallop circle), 3/16" corner rounder punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Basic Rhinestone Jewels, bone folder (to curl edges of the flowers), Mosaic TIEF.

Happy Stamping!

5 comments:

  1. Love your card! all the details work well together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the embossing-on-embossing layers and the little blingy border matches the mosaic as well. This week's challenge colours make a great addition to your BD card stash. Thanks for joining in for the Dynamic Duos' final week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, this is so pretty! I love the embossed background on both layers and the sparkly detail is the perfect touch. Thank you so much for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week for our final challenge! So glad you have enjoyed the challenges and for supporting the blog. Big hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, your card is so pretty and you used the colors so well together. Love how you used the embossing folder for the background and pool party strip. I agree that I'm sad to see the Dynamic Duos saying farewell. I don't get to play with challenges much, but definitely get a lot of inspiration from them. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.
    Sara H.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just lovely. I am sure going to miss the coordinations paper! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on a Tuesday this week, we sure hope we will see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...