Wednesday 26 November 2014

Day 11: Happy Winter (FMS 164)



It's hard to believe that December is only days away.  I'm left wondering where November went and realizing I'd better get going on getting the rest of my Christmas cards made and sent out.  Not to mention decorating the house, baking cookies, and all of the other fun things to do before Christmas actually arrives!

For today's "Twelve Days of Christmas Cards" card I used this week's sketch from the lovely designers over at Freshly Made Sketches:

I love the simplicity of the sketch and the endless possibilities it conjures up.

Here's what I did with it (this time):


I love this colour combination; Cool Cabana and Real Red.  Using the Cool Cabana Blendabilities markers allows you to explore the different "saturations" within that colour.

Consider "stepping up" this card by using the Filigree Frame TIEF or by adding some sparkle through Rhinestone Basic Jewels or Dazzling Details.

Click here to see Day 10 of my Twelve Days of Christmas Cards posts.

Happy Stampin'!

3 comments:

  1. This is such a fantastic color combo. I love the filigree design behind the sentiment layer. This is wonderfully CAS! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've used the filigree motif as a background feature. Lovely use of colours as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love your creative take on the sketch and the colours you've used are wonderful. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...