Tuesday 11 November 2014

Day One: Easy Christmas card

I am continually moved by our Remembrance Day ceremonies here in Canada particularly as our WWII veterans age and pass on.  They were the ones that liberated my grandparents in the Netherlands and, for that, I will always be grateful.  They sacrificed their youth so that other youth could be free and that has had an enormous "trickle down" effect.  So, I'll send a huge "THANK YOU" out into cyberspace to those who have served and continue to serve our great country.

Now that Remembrance Day has past here in Canada, I feel more at liberty to post Christmas cards.  I've been working on Christmas cards for a number of weeks now but it always feels a little "wrong" to post them before we've taken the time to remember the huge sacrifices made for the freedom we now enjoy. 

Freedom to celebrate Christmas, for one! 

Freedom to have and spend money on the "extras".....

...like supplies for this card:

Super simple Christmas card


This is the Christmas card my parents will send out this year.  They are SO simple to make!  I've spent about 15 minutes each day for the past two days cutting and stamping for 25 cards and I'm almost ready to assemble....that's 30 minutes for 25 cards!!!  I'll probably only need another 20 and I'll be done! 

Awesome!

Simple is key!
Use Fast Fuse or Sticky Strip adhesive to adhere the Cherry Cobbler 1" Sheer Linen Ribbon

This is the first in a "Twelve Days of Christmas Cards" thread.  Tune in tomorrow for the next installment!

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...