Monday 17 November 2014

Day Seven: Variations on a Theme

Happy Monday!  It's another snowy morning here in my corner of the world and the kids are loving it!  There's not quite enough here to build a snow fort yet but I think some snowmen will be built after school : )  Isn't it pretty?!

The view from my window this morning

As a Stampin' Up! demonstrator I get to decide my work hours and schedule.  Sweet!  I really enjoy running what I call "Make and Takes" for my friends and customers.  A group of ladies come by house to make cards and take them home.    It's very fun!

Sometimes people have to cancel last minute and I'm left with a whole bunch of pre-cut card templates to use up.  I was cleaning some of these up a few weeks ago and created two different Christmas cards to use up the supplies I cut in the spring.

Card 1:
I used Festival of Trees and some Frosted Sequins for this card.   


Card 2:
Use different colours on the Wondrous Wreath stamps to create pretty wreaths.

Personally I like Card 1 better.  I used a lot more textures on it using my TIEFs and the Frosted Sequins.   But I do like the colours (Lost Lagoon and Mossy Meadow) for card 2.  

Tip:  Sponge a little colour onto Tea Lace Doilies to help them stand out again Whisper White card stock.

Click here to see yesterday's Twelve Days of Christmas Cards post.

Happy Stampin'!


1 comment:

  1. OOO! I agree. I like the first one the best...but they're both so pretty. And so are you. ;) <3

    ReplyDelete

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...